The first full-length trailer for the Hunger Games movie has just been released and you can watch it here. It’s being released on March 23, 2012 and it’s going to be one of the biggest movies of the year. The movie is based on The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, which is the first book in one of the most exciting series you’ll ever read. Here’s what our Star Blogger Rhys said about it:
“Prim Everdeen is chosen as a representative for the hunger games while she is still 12 years old, Katniss, her big sister, volunteers to go instead of Prim and she goes to save her sister. Without giving too much away being selected isn’t a good thing. I reckon that they are a great series and that if you like fighting, romance (sort of) and cunning plotting you should read them. I’d recommend them to anyone over 10. They are great for adults too. They are some of the best books I’ve read, and I have read some really, really good books.”
The movie looks like it’s going to be absolutely amazing and you can see what it’s like in this trailer:
If you’ve been dying to read The Hunger Games to find out why it’s so great or you would just really like to have your own copy, we’ve got one to giveaway. To get in the draw, all you have to do is leave a comment on this post telling us why you should win the book. Competition closes Friday 25 November.
See below for terms and conditions
- To enter this competition you must be between 8 and 13 years old and live in Canterbury. We may ask for proof of your address and your age.
- If you are a winner, you consent to your name, photograph, entry and/or interview being used for reasonable publicity purposes by Christchurch City Libraries.
- Staff of Christchurch City Libraries and their immediate families are not able to enter.
- The competition ends on Friday 25 November at 5pm.
- We will announce the winners on the Christchurch Kids Blog on Monday 28 November 2011.
- We will notify the winners by telephone and/or email.
- The Christchurch Kids Blog judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes are as stated and are not transferable.