Some of my favourite stories are ones that creep me out and send a chill down my spine. When I was a kid there weren’t many authors who wrote horror stories or ghost stories. R.L. Stine’s books were about the creepiest I could find and he’s still writing them today. If you look up R.L. Stine in the library catalogue, you’ll find we have 97 of his books in the library!
If you like horror stories, ghost stories or stories about the supernatural there are now lots of authors who write these stories. Some of my favourite seriously spooky authors are:
- Derek Landy - Skulduggery Pleasant
- Joseph Delaney – The Spook’s Apprentice
- Barry Hutchison – Invisible Fiends
- Will Hill – Department 19
- Darren Shan – Saga of Darren Shan and Demonata
- Neil Gaiman – Coraline
- Tommy Donbavand – Scream Street
- R.L. Stine – Goosebumps
- Chris Priestley – Tales of Terror
Who are your favourite seriously spooky authors?