Posts tagged holidays
(d) School Holidays
(e) Other (please specify)
Write in a comment
Yay – holidays! The only problem with the holidays is figuring out what to do, so we’re here to help fight boredom with the BIGGEST list of ideas. You can help us add to the list as well by telling us what you’re doing.
- Go to the library. You can get books to read when you’re wrapped up warm inside, DVDs to watch on a rainy day, audiobooks to listen to in the car, plus heaps more. Find out about the libraries that are open.
- Enter our Make-a-monster, invent-a-demon Star Author Competition here on the blog.
- Walk around the Botanic Gardens and have fun in amongst the trees. There are lots of great places to hide or you could have a leaf fight.
- Go to your local park and play on the playground or have a game with your friends. Take a ball or a frisbee and use up all your energy.
- Go swimming at one of the Christchurch City Council pools - Pioneer Leisure Centre and Jellie Park are still open.
- Go and see some of the cool movies on these holidays. There’s the last Harry Potter movie, Deathly Hallows Part 2, Cars 2, Kung Fu Panda 2, or Transformers: Dark of the Moon
- Play some board games or card games with your friends and family. You can even make your own and challenge your friends.
- Make your own book trailer for your favourite book. All you need is PowerPoint, Movie Maker and a bit of creativity. Here are some instructions to get you started.
- Write a story or a poem and send it through to us and we could publish it on the blog.
- Bake something yummy like a cake or some biscuits. Check out our books on baking.
- Learn a new skill like magic tricks, juggling, skateboarding or knitting.
- Go to a KidsFest activity. There are heaps on around the city and we have some great FREE events in the library, including Pandemonium at the Library and The Adventures of Tintin story readings.
If you have any other cool ideas, especially ones that are free, add a comment and let us know.
Here is a list of some of the cool things on this school holidays in Christchurch – there are lots of things on at your libraries, at the Arts Centre, and more.
Have a look at the KidsFest website too. There are more than 200 events!