Hi everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend. I was lucky enough to see the comedian Lenny Henry on Sunday night, which was a lot of fun. I’m still in a light mood, so thought I’d share some fun rules on writing. The biggest part of a writer’s life is checking and rechecking work for grammatical mistakes and other errors. I have a fun list next to my computer screen which helps me with this. Here are some pointers:
1. Don’t abbrev.
2. Check to see if you any words out.
3. Be carefully to use adjectives and adverbs correct.
4. Don’t use no double negatives.
5. Just between you and I, case is important.
6. Don’t use commas, that aren’t necessary.
7. Its important to use apostrophe’s right.
8. It’s better not to unnecessarily split an infinitive.
9. Only Proper Nouns should be capitalized. also a sentence should begin with a capital letter and end with a full stop
10. Verbs has to agree with their subjects.
11. Avoid unnecessary redundancy.
12. A writer mustn’t shift your point of view.
13. Don’t write a run-on sentence you’ve got to punctuate it.
14. A preposition isn’t a good thing to end a sentence with.
15. Avoid cliches like the plague.
16. 1 final thing is to never start a sentence with a number.
17. Always check your work for accuracy and completeness.